123.hp.com/ojpro9010 – HP Officejet Pro 9010 Printer setup
Hewlett Packard (HP) has an incredible line of printers from the 9010 and 9020 OfficeJet Pro series which are extremely convenient to use at offices or corporate spaces. The printers in these series are very economical when it comes to printing and ink consumption. They can also print rapidly and precisely with concentrated color depth. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 and the HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 series printers.
- Unbox the HP Officejet Pro 9010 Printer
- Ink cartridge installation
- Getting started with the printer calibration
- Installing the HP OfficeJet 9010 printing software and driver
- Installing HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 and 9020 Printers on Android
Installing HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Printer – 123.hp.com/setup ojpro9010
STEP 1: Unboxing
- Firstly, please unbox 123.hp.com/ojpro9010 printer and take it out from the sealed package. Remove the stickers on the printer elements, and the thin film from the printer’s control panel to finish the unboxing process.
- Now, lift the scanner’s lid, and remove the film or packaging from the scanning screen of the scanner glass.
- Take out the power unit and unlink the connector’s supporting strip.
STEP 2: Connecting the Power Cable
- Establish the connection from your printer unit to the electrical outlet. Insert the appropriate end of the cable with the printer, and plugin in the other end to the power outlet.
- Avoid using a docking station because they are not that powerful to deliver the required power to the printer. In such a case, you are advised to use a USB port.
- In case the printer doesn’t power on, please click on the Switch-on button.
- The printer will go through its first configuration settings. Select your language from the display pad, and then touch on Confirm.
- Now proceed with the country and region selection on the display.
Step 3: Ink cartridge installation
- When the printer is configured properly, lift the access door.
- The cartridge tray will move towards the centre. Let it stop moving.
- Now carefully take out the thin film which is covering the front-face of each of the cartridges.
- Slowly insert the cartridges into the respective slots
- Close the front door and the ink cartridge door.
- When the process is complete, touch on OK to continue.
Step 4: Getting started with the printer calibration
- Load an appropriate paper into the paper tray. There are many types of paper which this printer supports, and A4-size, U.S Letter Size or A5-size papers are supported.
- Make sure that the side to be printed is facing downwards on the paper tray.
- There are two glides on either side of the paper tray. Adjust the width between these glides so that they lock the paper properly and lightly. Don’t make the width too tight for the paper size.
- Now insert the input tray farther into the printer.
- Now click on OK to confirm the loading of papers.
- On its first run, the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 will ask for aligning the printheads. If it does so, touch on OK to continue the alignment process.
- The alignment page will print. Once it is complete, take the alignment page and properly place it on the bed of the scanner. Please follow the guides to make sure the page is parallel to the glides. Also, please put the paper face-down on the scanner bed.
- Close the scanner’s lid and then press Scan.
- The scanner will start to scan the page. Once it is complete, it will display the message Alignment Successful on the LED display.
Step 5: Installing the HP OfficeJet 9010 printing Software and Driver
- Once the alignment is successful, please switch on your computer to install the driver and software of the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer.
- Visit the website at 123.hp.com to download the appropriate driver for the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer.
- After this, go to 123 HP Customer Support -> Software and Driver Downloads and click on 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Printer. You should confirm the OS version if there is any popup or prompt regarding the same.
- Make sure not to connect the printer to the computer until the installer advises doing so.
- When prompted, select to use USB to connect the printer to the computer, and complete the setup process.
The aforesaid steps will successfully install the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer and make it ready to use with your computer. Please remember to press the power button beside the display to switch off the printer if it is not in use.
Installing HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 and 9020 Printers on Android
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 and 9020 all-in-one printers work perfectly with Android devices and provide features of quick-printing and scanning through any Android device- be it a smartphone, a phablet or a tablet. In this article, we will guide you on how to install and configure the printers on your Android Operating System.
Before proceeding, please make sure that you are using the latest version of your mobile’s Android Operating system.
Step 1: Installing the HP Print Service Plugin app on your Android device:
- First, ensure that your printer and the Android device is connected to the same network over WiFi. Otherwise, make sure that WiFi Direct is enabled on both your Android device and the printer.
- On your android smartphone or tablet, install the HP Print Service Plugin app. There are two ways in which this app works, depending on the version of the operating system:
- On Android 7 Nougat (or later devices) the HP Print Service Plugin enables automatically.
- On Android 6 Marshmallow and earlier devices, you have to touch on Settings, and then search and open HP Print Service and enable it.
- Ensure that all other print service plugins are disabled on the Android device.
If you follow the steps properly, then the Android print service plugin is now configured to accept and start printing.
Step 2: Printing with HP Print Service Plugin
- First, go to the file manager and open the document you wish to print. Then go to Settings and touch on Print.
- Touch the down arrow on the print preview screen, then touch on HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 or HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 to print using the network.
- Otherwise, if you are connected using WiFi Direct, then touch on Direct-XX-HP [the model name of the printer].
- To change the print settings, touch on the Down arrow and make the final configuration. Your printing will start as soon as you touch the Print button.
This is the easiest way to print over WiFi using an Android device. Please make sure to turn off the printer if you no longer need any printing service.