123.hp.com/ojpro8035 – HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 Printer setup
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 printer is an All-in-One beast. It is renowned for its excellent economy and versatile printing functions. Set with revolutionary assets and proactive monitors, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 is a premium category printer which can deliver you beautiful print-outs.that can deliver you beautiful print-outs. Scanning with this device is also buttery smooth. Overall, this variant of OfficeJet Pro models has set new standards in the printing industry.
In this article, we will show you how to install the HP OfficeJet 8035 Pro printer in your network. The printer is a multi functional OfficeJet model so there are quite a few steps you need to take in order to properly install the printer driver.
To set up a printer for the very first time, remove the printer right from the box, connect the power cord, install the ink cartridges, load paper, and then align the print-head.
- Remove the printer from the box
- Connect the power cord to the printer and set your preferences
- Install the ink cartridges
- Load paper into the input tray
- Connect the fax cables
- Install the printer software
Installing HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 Printer – 123.hp.com/ojpro8035
Step 1: Remove the printer from the box
Remove the printer from the box and all the tapes, stickers, and packing materials should be removed from inside of the printer.
- printer remove from the box.
- Remove the film from the printer’s control panel.
- Lift the scanner’s lid, and then remove all the packing material from the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner’s lid.
Step 2: Connect the power cord to the printer and set your preferences
Plug the printer into any electrical outlet, turn the printer on, and then set your preferences.
NOTE: Do not connect a USB cable during this time. The connection to the computer is established at the time of software installation.
- Connect the power cord to the rear area of the printer, and then plug the other end of the power cord into any electrical outlet.
- the printer doesn’t turn on automatically, press the Power button.
- On the printer’s control panel, select your preferred language, and then touch Confirm.
Touch your country/region, and then select Confirm.
Step 3: Install the ink cartridges
Install the HP ink cartridges that came along with your printer.
- Open the front door, and then lift the ink cartridge’s access door.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue to the next step.
- Remove the protective plastic away from the carriage.
- Remove an ink cartridge right from its package, and then pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap on it.
CAUTION: Make sure you remove the plastic wrap and orange pull-tab completely before you remove the orange cap in the next step. Otherwise, ink might leak from the ink cartridge. When you remove the plastic wrap, the paper label on the top of the ink cartridge tears slightly in a way, which is necessary to properly vent the ink cartridge.
- Hold the ink cartridge by its sides, and then twist the orange cap counter-clockwise to remove it from the ink cartridge.
- Slide the ink cartridge right into its slot, and then press down on the ink cartridge until it snaps into the place.
- Repeat these steps to install the other ink cartridges.
- Close the front door and ink cartridge access door.
When the printer finishes initializing, just touch OK.
Step 4: Load paper right into the input tray
Load plain U.S. letter or A4 paper right into the input tray, and then align the print-head with an automated tool.
- Slide-out the input tray, remove any packing material inside and outside and then slide out the paper guides.
- Load plain white paper into the input tray with the short edge forward and the print side downwards.
- Slide in the paper width guides in till they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Insert the input tray right into the printer.
- On the printer control panel, press OK.
An alignment page prints with it.
- Open the scanner’s lid, and then place the alignment page right on the scanner’s glass. Place the page face downwards with the top of the page aligned to the engraved guides near the back corner of the glass.
- Close the scanner’s lid, and then select Scan.
The printer scans the alignment page, and an Alignment Successful message displays right on the control panel.
- The alignment page and packing materials can be Recycled.
Step 5: Connect the fax cables
If you plan of using the fax feature, use the fax cord that came with your printer to connect to any available landline.
Connect the fax cord to the wall jack of the phone, and then connect the other end into the LINE port jack (shown )right on the rear of the printer.
If you are using an answering machine instead, simply connect the fax cord to the machine, and then connect the other end to the EXT fax port/jack of the printer.
For additional information, go to How to Fax.
Step 6: Install the Printer Software
Your HP printer hardware is now fully set up, and ready to install the printing software. Do not attempt to connect the printer to a computer unless it is instructed to do so during software installation.
The latest version of the printing software can be downloaded from 123.hp.com.
This is it. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 printer should now be all set to accept and execute prints and scanning processes from your computer using the common network.