123.hp.com/ojpro8025 – HP Officejet Pro 8025 Printer setup
The all-new HP Officejet Pro 8025 printer is a compact one that is suitable for home or small office print stations. It comes in a three-tone color scheme of white, dark grey and light grey. The new décor is very pleasing to the eyes and really smooth in performance. Just as it’s capable of printing, copying, scanning and photo printing brilliantly, it is a convenient printer for both office and home use any time.
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 First Time Printer Setup
- Remove the printer from the box
- Set your preferences by connecting the power cord with the printer
- Install the ink cartridges
- Load paper into the input tray
- Connect fax cables (8020 and 8030 models)
- Install the printer software
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 First Time Printer Setup – 123.hp.com/setup ojpro8025
To set up the printer for the first time, you may remove the printer from the box, connect the power cord, install the ink cartridges, load paper and then align the printhead.
NOTE: Are you looking for the printer software, please go to 123.hp.com.
Step 1: Remove the printer from the box
Remove the printer from the box and also remove all tape, stickers and packing materials from the printer.
- Printer Remove from the box.
- Remove film from the printer’s control panel.
- Lift the scanner lid and then remove the packing material from the scanner glass.
- Close scanner lid.
Step 2: Set your preferences by Connecting the Power Cord with the Printer
Plug printer into an electrical outlet, turn on the printer and set your preferences.
NOTE: Do not connect a USB during this time. We enable this connection when installing the software for the printer.
- Connect the power cable to the backside of the printer, and then insert the other end of the cable into an electrical outlet.
- if the printer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button.
- On the printer control panel, touch your preferred language, and then touch Confirm.
Touch your country/region, and then touch Confirm.
Step 3: Install the ink cartridges
Install HP ink cartridges that came with your printer.
- Open the front door of the printer, and then lift the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue to next step.
- Remove the protective plastic from the carriage.
- Remove an ink cartridge from its package, and then pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap.
CAUTION: Make sure you remove an orange pull-tab and plastic wrap completely before you remove the orange cap in the next step. Otherwise, ink might leak from ink cartridge. On removing the plastic wrap, the label on the top tears a little which is indeed necessary for the printing process.
- By holding the sides of the cartridge, rotate the orange cap counter-clockwise to detach it from the cartridge.
- Slide the ink cartridge into its slot, and then press down on the ink cartridge until it snaps into place.
- Repeat these steps to install other ink cartridges.
- Close front door and ink cartridge access door.
When the printer finishes initializing, touch OK.
Step 4: Load paper into the input tray
Load plain U.S. letter or A4 paper in the input tray, then align the printhead with an automated tool.
- Slide-out input tray, remove any packing material and then slide out the paper guides.
- Load plain white paper into the input tray with the short edge forward and print side down.
- Slide in the paper width guides in until they rest against edges of the paper.
- Insert the input tray into the printer.
- On the printer control panel, touch OK.
An alignment page prints.
- Open the scanner lid, and then place the alignment page on the scanner glass. Place page face down with the top of the page aligned to the engraved guides near the back corner of the glass.
- Close scanner lid, and then touch Scan.
The alignment page is printed, and an Alignment Successful message shows on the printer’s control panel.
- Recycle alignment page and packing materials.
Step 5: Connect fax cables (8020 and 8030 models)
If you plan on using the fax feature, use a fax cord that came with your printer to connect to an available landline.
Connect fax cord to phone wall jack, and then connect the other end into the LINE port jack on the rear of the printer.
If you are using an answering machine, connect the fax cord to the machine, and then connect the other end to the EXT fax port jack.
Step 6: Install the Printer Software
You have successfully set up the HP OfficeJet pro 8025 printer, and you can install the printing software. Do not try to establish a connection with the printer until the instructions are issued to do the same during software installation.
Download the latest and updated version of the software for printing from 123.hp.com.