123.hp.com/ojpro6978 – HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer setup
HP OfficeJet 6978 Printer has the following main functions namely copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, two-sided duplex printing and scanning, color touchscreen, automatic document feeder. Ready to easily print when and where you need to print from your smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC. Connect with Ethernet and wireless networking. This HP color inkjet photo printer is Built for business – Save up to 50% by paying for pages printed through HP Instant Ink. All the attractive features of HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 plus scan is inclusive to email and other network functions for easy task management.
To start using your printer for the first time, remove it from the packaging, complete the setup steps, and then install the printer software after that.
- Remove the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 from the Cardboard box
- Connect the power cord in the right way and set your preferences
- Install the ink cartridges
- Load paper right into the input tray
- Align the ink cartridges
- Install the printer software
Installing HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer – 123.hp.com/ojpro6978
Step 1: Remove the printer from the cardboard box
Remove the printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 6978) right away from the box and all tapes, stickers, and packing materials from the printer.
- printer remove from the cardboard box.
- Remove all tapes and other packing materials from the outside of the printer, and then remove the sticker from the printer’s control panel.
- Lift the scanner’s lid, then remove the packing material, and then close the lid.
- Lift the output tray outwards, pull the input tray toward you to open it, and then remove the packing material.
- Push the input tray forward until it snaps right into place, and then lower the output tray.
- The packing materials can be Recycled.
Step 2: Connect the power cord in the right way and set your preferences
Plug the printer into a power source, turn the printer on, and then set your preferences.
NOTE: Do not connect a USB cable during this time. The connection to the computer is established at the time of software installation.
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer, and then plug the other end of the power cord into any electrical outlet.
- Turn the printer on.
- To set your preferences rightly on the printer’s control panel, touch your preferred language and country/region, and then select Yes to confirm your choice.
- If prompted, select the present date and time, and then touch Yes to confirm your choice.
Step 3: Install the ink cartridges
Install the SETUP ink cartridges that came along in the box with your printer.
CAUTION:Failure to install the SETUP cartridges that came with the printer causes a cartridge error.
- Raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks right into place.
- Wait until the carriage is silent and idle before you proceed.
- Remove all the packing materials from the carriage.
- Remove a single ink cartridge from its package, and then pull the orange pull-tab straight to the back.
CAUTION: Make sure that you remove the orange pull-tab and plastic wrap completely before you remove the orange cap in the following step. Otherwise, ink might possibly leak from the ink cartridge. When you remove the plastic wrap, the paper label on the top of the ink cartridge tears slightly outwards, which is necessary to properly vent out the ink cartridge.
- Grip the ink cartridge rightly by its sides, and then twist the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to snap it off of the ink cartridge.
CAUTION:Be careful not to touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and also bad electrical connections.
- Turn the ink cartridge in such a way that the ink cartridge contacts face downward, and then match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.
- Slide the ink cartridge right into its slot, and then gently press the ink cartridge down until it snaps right into place.
- Repeat the same steps to install all the new ink cartridges.
- Close the ink cartridge’s access door.
Step 4: Load paper right into the input tray
Load plain paper into the input tray after you install the ink cartridges.
- Lift the output tray, and then pull the input tray right towards you to open it.
- Simply Slide the paper-width guide to its outermost position.
- Load a stack of plain paper right into the input tray.
CAUTION: To avoid any printing issues, never load multiple types of paper in the paper tray or attempt to load paper at the time while the printer is printing.
- Push the stack right into the tray until it stops.
- Please slide the paper-width guide until it rests against the edges of the paper.
- Push the input tray forward until it snaps into the right place, and then lower the output tray.
NOTE: After loading the paper, make sure to select the exact paper size and paper type settings when printing or copying.
Step 5: Align the ink cartridges
Aligning the printer is very necessary to achieve the best print quality.
- After loading the paper, the printer control panel displays a short message to align the printer. Simply Pull out the tray extender, and then touch OK.
An alignment page then prints.
- Wait for the alignment page to completely eject it to the outside of the printer.
- Lift the scanner’s lid.
- Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner’s glass. Position it according to the engraved guides just around the glass.
- Close the scanner’s lid, and then touch Scan.
- The scanner then aligns with the printer.
Step 6: Install the Printer Software (HP OfficeJet Pro 6978)
Your HP printer hardware is now set up and you can install the printing software right away. Do not connect the printer to a computer unless instructed to do so in the printing software.
If you’re looking for an affordable all-in-one printer that also has professional-quality printing, easy connectivity and can cope with intensive use then the HP Officejet Pro 6978 could be the perfect-fit printer for you.