123.hp.com/oj5260 – HP Officejet 5260 Printer setup
If you have started to be comfortable with an All-in-one printer, then it is assured that you would never like to return to the more conservative, single-function printers unless, of course, they end up malfunctioning more often. Therefore, a sturdy, well-performing AIO printer is always required to give the best print output and constant peace of mind.
In this article, we will guide you on how to install a brand-new HP 5260 All-in-One printer using its driver and software.
- Unbox the printer from the package
- Installing the cartridges in the printer
- Connect the printer to the power outlet and paper-loading
- Installing driver and printing software for HP 5260 All-in-One printer
- Frequently Asked Questions
HP OfficeJet 5260 First Time Printer Setup – 123.hp.com/setup oj5260
Step 1: Unbox the printer from the package
- Remove the blue tapes and stickers from the box of the printer and take it out slowly and gently.
- Now cross-check and ensure that all the components are provided as per the box details.
- Examine the body and moving parts of the printer. If any defect is found, please do not start it up and return immediately.
Step 2: Installing the cartridges in the printer
Never touch the copper base of a cartridge. This is the thumb rule for any printer. If there is even the slightest of scratch or moisture on the copper base, then your cartridge may malfunction.
- Remove the stickers and blue tapes from the cartridges in order to put it inside the printer’s cartridge housing.
- Pull the cartridge down gently and insert it into the cartridge housing. The housing will make a snapping sound which will confirm that the cartridge has been locked in properly. Do it each time for installing all the cartridges.
- Close the access door and let the printer push the cartridge housing back to its original position. Once this process is completed, the printer will stop making the sound.
- Never touch the copper base of the cartridges. Always hold the cartridge on its plastic body.
Step 3: Connect the printer to the power outlet and paper-loading
- First, take out the USB connector that came with the printer.
- Now, insert the respective sides to the printer and the power outlet.
- After the previous step is complete, insert a stack of papers (A4 size or letter size) through the paper tray. Keep on inserting until the paper stack stops moving.
- Make sure that the papers are uniformly arranged. You can now start the printer.
- The printer will go through the print alignment process. First, click on OK to start the alignment process. The printer should do a print on one paper for this process.
- Now, take out the paper and place it face-down on the scanner bed. The scanning will complete, resulting in the aligned page print from the scanned copy.
- Once complete, proceed to the driver installation for the printer.
Step 4: Installing driver and printing software for HP 5260 All-in-One printer
After the above steps have been performed successfully, you should install the printer driver and the software for printing using HP All-in-One 5260 printer.
- First, visit the driver and software download page at https://123.hp.com/in/en/devices/OJ5260
- This is the HP Smart software. If you are a Windows 10 user, go to Microsoft Store and download the HP Smart app from their store.
- Now click the executable file to open it.
- The software will search for available printers. Once done, click on your printer model’s name and continue with the installation.
- After several checks, the printing software HP Smart will complete installation and you will be able to take out prints with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What do I do if my printer is not getting connected?
A. In case the printer fails to print or get connected, please observe carefully whether all the printing parts are in place. Also, note the printing setup authorization level if required.
Now, check whether your printer relates to the router. In most cases, an undetected printer is associated with network issues.
The above steps will help you to install the printer successfully. If you face any issues, you may use HP Smart to diagnose and generate the error notes for you. It will also guide you on how to fix the issues. Also, once the printing or scanning job is done, please switch off the printer to save power.