123.hp.com/oj5255 – HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer setup
Choosing a printer can be very difficult these days, and with the advent of so many technologies, buying a standard printer has become a lot more competitive. However, certain printers stand out like diamonds in the sky. The HP 5255 is one such spectacular example that costs only a handful but delivers beyond expectations. It is also versatile and rich in functions.
In this article, we will show you how to install the HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One printer from scratch. Please follow it carefully because installation can be a bit of a roller-coaster ride. However, once installed, the printer performs exceptionally well with pixel-perfect results every time.
- Unpacking the printer and establishing physical connections
- Connecting to the power source, installing cartridges and loading paper
- Continue the software installation
Installing HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer – 123.hp.com/oj5255
Step 1: Unpacking the Printer and Establishing Physical Connections
- Firstly, remove the blue tapes and packaging box. Then take out the printer and remove the blue tapes on the body of the printer.
- Now, take out the paper tray and remove the blue tapes from there too.
- Open the scanner pad and remove the tapes and packing materials from the scanner bed.
- Once done, re-assemble all the opened parts and complete the unboxing procedure.
Be extremely careful when dissembling the printer parts and removing the tapes and packaging components from the printer. There are several sensitive components that can get easily damaged if mishandled by you.
Step 2: Connecting to the Power source, installing cartridges and loading paper
- Take out the power cord from the box and connect one end of the cord to the printer’s USB port.
- Hold the other end of the cord and connect it to the power outlet.
- Make sure the power outlet is grounded properly so that it doesn’t affect the printer in case of power fluctuations.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. Let it boot completely.
- Set the region, language and time from your printer control panel.
- Now, open the cartridge access door. The cartridge holders will shift towards the middle of the printer. Let it complete and wait until the printer goes silent again.
- Now, remove the tape from the cartridges, and insert them into their respective housings.
- Close the cartridge door and look at the instructions which will be provided by the printer.
- Load a stack of paper into the paper tray. To do this, pull the tray out, shift the markers to the extreme ends and insert the stack of paper into the tray.
- Push the paper stack until it stops going in any further.
- Insert the paper tray and follow the print alignment procedure.
- Once the alignment page is printed, take out the printed paper and put it on the scanner bed facing downwards.
- A new alignment page will print based on the scanned result. The alignment procedure is now complete.
Step 3: Continue the Driver Installation
Driver installation is generally done by default on the Windows 10 operating system. If you want to assure yourself, then you can download and install the latest and full driver along with the software from HP official support centre.
- Now start with the installation of HP Officejet 5255 driver.
- Download the driver from https://123.hp.com/setup 5255.
- Select your operating system, and then select the software or driver that you want to install on your computer. Make sure that you have selected the correct operating system and bit-version.
- Open the downloaded file and start the installation of the driver and software.
- If you are asked for the connection type, enter USB as the option.
- If the USB installation fails, you can install from CD/DVD by using the media which has been provided by HP with the printer.
- First, uninstall the corrupted driver from the computer. In case the installation failed, you do not need to uninstall anything. Simply restart the computer in both cases.
- After the start-up is complete, insert the provided CD or DVD media in your DVD-ROM and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Try printing an alignment page to see if the process successfully completes or not.
If the above processes complete, then you have successfully installed the printer.
This is it! You can see how smooth the installation procedure is. HP is renowned for its installation services and amazing world-class support to their customer. You have now moved one step ahead by buying a genuine and speedy HP multifunction printer.