123.hp.com/oj3830 – HP Officejet 3830 Printer setup
The HP OfficeJet 3830 is a mainstream OfficeJet printer with top-notch printing performance. The printer is designed to handle no more than 250 pages a month. It is packed with strong productivity options and necessary features, like the ADF and slick touchscreen panel. The overall performance of the printer is spectacular, and the printer is used widely everywhere.
In this article, we will show you how to install the HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One printer.
- Unpacking the printer
- Configuring the printer
- Installing the ink cartridges
- Loading paper into the printer tray
- Aligning the ink cartridges
- Installing the driver and printer software
HP OfficeJet 3830 First Time Printer Setup & Driver – 123.hp.com/setup oj3830
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Firstly, open the box and then take out the printer. Remove all tapes, adhesive stickers, and coverings.
- Now, open the external door of the printer.
- Remove the tape and packaging from the access door of the ink cartridges.
- Gently open the access door and take out all the packaging materials and coatings from inside the printer.
- Now, close the ink cartridge access door as well as the external door of the printer.
Step 2: Configuring the printer
- Connect the printer to the power outlet using the provided power cord.
- Power on the printer and you will be able to see the language screen on the printer’s display.
- Select the preferred language and press OK to continue.
- Similarly, select your country and press OK to continue.
- Select the current date and time settings, and then touch OK to continue.
Your primary printer language and country settings, as well as the date-time settings, should be now complete.
Step 3: Installing the ink Cartridges
- Firstly, open the exterior door, and then open the ink cartridge door.
- Allow the carrier to move to the centre of the printer. Wait until the printer is idle and silent.
- Take out the print cartridge one by one. Please touch only the plastic body of the cartridge. Take out the thin adhesive film covering its mouth.
- With a narrow upward angle, insert the cartridge into the box and it should snap to lock the cartridge.
- Follow the above steps for the next cartridge.
Step 4: Loading paper into the printer tray
- Firstly, pull up to raise the input tray.
- Slide the marker representing the paper width all the way to the left corner.
- Push the paper stack inside all the way until it stops moving inside any further.
- Now, adjust the markers until they fit till the edge of the paper.
- Pull out the tray and lift to raise the extender.
Step 5: Aligning the ink cartridges
- Once the paper stack is loaded, press OK to start aligning the printer. The printer will print an alignment page.
- Now, lift the lid of the scanner and place the alignment page face-down on the scanning bed.
Close the lid of the scanner and then press OK to scan the page and complete the alignment process.
Step 6: Installing the Driver and Printer Software
- Download the printer driver and software from http://123.hp.com/OJ3830
- The setup process is easy. Just click on the installer file (the downloaded file) and follow the steps to successfully install the printer software in your computer.
The above steps should successfully install and configure the HP OfficeJet 3830 printer. You need to ensure that the printer is aligned properly. Please switch off the printer if you don’t plan to use it for a long time.