123.hp.com/envy7855 – HP Envy Photo 7855 Printer setup
The HP Envy 7855 is a well rounded all-in-one inkjet-printer that offers a decent assortment of features, solid performance and high print quality all at the same time for its users. With fax capability, a dedicated photo paper tray, a duplexer and an automatic document feeder (ADF), the HP Envy Photo 7855 handles most home and office tasks quite handily, and is well aided by a colour touch screen with swipeable menus.
- Remove the printer from the cardboard box
- Connect the power cord and set preferences
- Install the ink cartridges
- Load paper into the main tray
- Install the printer software
HP Envy Photo 7855 First Time Printer Setup – 123.hp.com/envy7855
Step 1: Remove the printer from the cardboard box
Take the printer out of the box and remove all the tape, stickers, and packing materials.
- Take the printer out of the box, and then remove all tape that comes along, the packing materials, and stickers from the exterior and the control panel.
- Then lift the scanner lid, remove the packing material from the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid.
- Gently, hold both the handles on the either sides of the printer, raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place, and then remove all tapes and packing material from the inside of the printer.
- Close the ink-cartridge access door.
- Packing materials can be Recycled.
Step 2: Connect the power cord and set preferences
Plug the printer into a wall outlet, turn on the printer and after that, set preferences.
NOTE: Do not connect a USB cable during this time. The connection to the computer is established at the time of software installation.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to any electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer.
Select your preferred language and country/region, and after that touch Yes.
Step 3: Install the ink cartridges
Install the ink cartridges that was shipped in the box with your printer.
- Open the ink-cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage is both silent and idle before you continue.
- Remove an ink-cartridge from the packaging. Be careful about only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Remove the plastic tape from the ink-cartridge.
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-coloured contacts or the ink nozzles. Do not replace the protective tape over the contacts. Handling these parts can easily result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
Insert the ink cartridge at an upward angle into the empty slot, and then slightly push up on the ink cartridge until it snaps right into place. The colour ink cartridge goes into the left slot and the black ink cartridge goes into the right slot.
- Repeat these same steps for the other ink cartridge.
- Close the ink-cartridge access door.
Step 4: Load paper into the main tray
Remove all packing material and tape from the paper trays, and then load plain U.S. letter or A4 paper into the main tray.
- Pull open the input tray, remove the output tray, and then remove all tapes and packing materials from the photo tray.
- With the paper tray pulled out, simply push in the photo tray.
- Remove all tapes and packing material from inside the input tray.
- Slide the paper-width guides to outwards.
- Load a stack of plain paper until it stops at the back of the tray, and then slide the paper-width guides in until they lightly rest against the edges of the loaded paper.
- Replace the output tray, and then push the paper tray right back in.
- The printer then starts an initialization process. It is normal for the printer to make noises during the process. After the process completes, the printer then prints a calibration page.
- All packing materials can be recycled.
Step 5: Install the Printer Software
After successfully completing the printer hardware set up, install the print driver or mobile app to set up the connection to your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Do not try to connect the printer until instructed to during the guided installation.
Download the latest driver or app from 123.hp.com