123.hp.com/envy6255 – HP Envy 6255 Wireless Printer setup
The HP Envy is a higher-end budget all-in-one printer aimed at gorgeous printing with stellar looks and design. It has been crafted with perfection in durability and aesthetics. No matter how many loads you throw at it, the HP Envy 6255 delivers what it promises without any hiccups.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the drivers for the HP Envy 6255 wireless All-in-One printer. The setup is fairly easy as always with any premium Envy-series models from Hewlett Packard.
- Preparing to install the printer
- Connect to the wireless network
- Installing the printer driver
- change printer connection type
HP Envy 6255 First Time Printer Setup – 123.hp.com/envy6255
Step 1: Preparing to install the printer
Note: Please ensure to collect the wireless network access details, and then switch on your computer, printer, router and any other relevant peripheral.
- You need to collect the details as follows:
1. Network Name: Please collect the name of the network, which is also known as the SSID.
2. The password of the network: Please also collect the password of the wireless network.
3. You need to connect a computer to the aforesaid network name.
4. Make sure to have an active internet connection.
- Ensure that the computer and the printer are connected to the same network using the same network name.
- Disconnect any USB-related connections between the computer and the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
Configuring this printer for a wireless connection is easy. To initiate the process, please establish a connection between the printer and the computer through the same network, by using the Wireless Setup Wizard. If they are connected over the same network, then the computer can find the printer.
- From the home screen of the printer, please touch the Wireless icon.
- Now, touch the icon which indicates setup.
- Touch the Wireless Setup Wizard and wait.
- A list of network names will appear. Select your exact network name.
- In case your network name is missing, please enter the network name manually by selecting Enter New Network Name and follow the steps.
- If you are displayed with a popup, select WEP or WPA to enter the network’s password.
A screen will display the details. Now, touch on OK to return home.
Step 3: Installing the printer driver
- First, please visit 123.hp.com/ENVY6200 to download the drivers
- Run the installer or the downloaded file.
- If required, you may select the printer’s model number from the list and continue.
- Follow the instructions which will be displayed on the screen and complete the setup process.
- Now, go back to 123.hp.com to register your printer with HP.
Can I change my printer connection type if I plan to switch to wired printing?
If you plan to switch to wired or USB-based printing, you may use the Printer Setup & Software which is installed along with your printer’s driver.
- Firstly, search for the name of the printer from your computer.
- Now, click on Tools, and then on Device Setup and Software.
Then, click the option Connect to a new device, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wired connection.