123.hp.com/envy5055 – HP Envy 5055 Printer setup
The Envy 5055 by HP is one of the most sought after budget all in one popular printer out there in the market. With good print and copy resolutions, a feasible duty cycle and a significantly minimalistic sleek design, the Envy 5055 come out as a great choice. It does not cut any corners and manages to offer almost everything that is usually desired by an average home-based consumer. The HP Envy 5055 is also an inkjet printer designed to give quality prints with rich graphics and also produces hard copies by spraying tiny and minute droplets of ink onto the paper.
To set up a printer for the first time, just remove the printer and unpack the packing materials from the box, connecting the power cable, set control panel preferences, load paper right into the input tray, install the ink cartridges, and then download and install the printer software.
- Remove the printer from the box
- Connect the power cord and set your preferences
- Install the ink cartridges
- Load paper into the input tray
- Align the ink cartridges
- Install the printer software
HP Envy 5055 First Time Printer Setup – 123.hp.com/envy5055
Step 1: Remove the Printer from the box
Remove the printer from the box and all tapes, stickers, and packing materials from the printer.
- Take the printer from the box.
- Remove all tapes and packing material from the outside of the printer, and then remove the sticker from the printer control panel.
- Gently get hold of the handles on either side of the printer, raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place, and then remove all tape and packing material from the inside of the printer.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Open the input tray door, pull it toward you to extend the input tray further, and then remove the packing tape.
- Push the input tray to the front until it clicks into place to close the input tray door.
- The packing materials can be recycled.
Step 2: Connect the Power Cord and set your Preferences
Plug the printer right into a wall outlet, turn on the printer, and then set your preferences.
NOTE: Do not connect a USB cable during this time. The connection to the computer is established at the time of software installation.
- Connect the power cord right to the rear of the printer, and then plug the other end of the power cord into any electrical outlet.
- Turn the printer on.
- Set your preferences on the printer control panel by choosing your preferred language and country/region, and then touch Yes to confirm your choice.
- If prompted, select the date and time, and touch Yes to confirm your choice.
- A welcome screen displays on the printer’s control panel.
- Continue to the next step to install the ink cartridges.
Step 3: Install the ink cartridges
Install the ink cartridges that came with your printer in the box.
- Raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place.
The carriage moves slightly to the left side.
- Wait until the carriage is silent and idle before you continue.
- Remove one of the ink cartridges from its package. Be careful to only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge.
- Lift up the lid on the ink cartridge slot.
- With the nozzles pointed towards the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot until it snaps into place.
- Close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place.
- Repeat these steps for the other ink cartridge.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 4: Load paper into the input tray
Load plain U.S. letter or A4 paper into the input tray.
- Open the input tray door, and then pull it towards you just to extend the input tray.
- Slide-out the paper guides as far away as possible.
- Load paper according to portrait orientation with the print side facing down.
- Be careful not to load more than 250 sheets.
- Push the stack right into the tray until it stops.
- Slide the paper guides until they touch at the edge of the stack of paper.
- Do not push the guides in very tightly that they bind against the paper.
- Push the input tray right into the printer, and then touch Done on the printer control panel.
- Pull out the output tray, and then gently lift the output tray extender.
Step 5: Align the ink cartridges
Aligning the ink cartridges is a necessary criterion to achieve the best print quality. Use the alignment page from the previous step to align the ink cartridges properly.
- Lift up the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the print side downward on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides just around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid, and then touch OK on the printer’s control panel.
- The printer then aligns the ink cartridges.
- After the printer aligns the ink cartridges, touch OK over the printer control panel.
- Your HP printer hardware is now all set and you can install the printing software.