123.hp.com/dj2655 – HP Deskjet 2655 Printer setup
The HP 2655 printer is a budget printer that can generate spectacular prints. Considered as a budget printer that is compact and versatile, the HP 2655 is probably one of the easiest to install and can be carried anywhere with ease. It can also maintain consistent simultaneous connections with several terminals and yet doesn’t sweat.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the HP 2655 All-in-One printer (123.hp.com/dj2655) on a computer. Please note that in order to install the printer on multiple computers, you have to install the printing software on those specific computers. Also, you must properly install the printer’s driver for the Wi-Fi to work.
- Preparing the installation of the printer driver
- Install the printing software
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I set up the network for the printer?
Installing HP DeskJet 2655 Printer – 123.hp.com/dj2655
Preparing the installation of the Printer Driver (123.hp.com/dj2655)
You need to prepare the printer for installing its software and the driver. Firstly, turn on the computer and the router for the wireless connection, and then switch on the printer to set it up.
- You need to follow the below steps to use the printer over a wireless network:
(A. A computer that is connected to the same wireless network as the printer.
(B. It is recommended to have access to the internet to download the latest updates and to use web services for the printer.
- Ensure that both the computer and the router are on.
- For the wireless connection to work, you need to make sure that both the computer and the printer are connected to the same network through the router.
- Now open the tray and load the papers. Also, click to open the ink cartridge boxes and install the provided ink cartridges one by one.
- Close the access door and let the cartridge boxes go back to its original position.
- Restart the printer and connect it to the network where the computer is also connected.
Install the Printing Software
- Unplug any USB connection to the printer.
- Visit 123.hp.com/dj2655 and download the HP Easy Start program.
- Now open the program and select the option- My Printer is not shown.
- Now on the next screen, click on Wireless Network (if applicable).
- After clicking Continue, please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
That is all. This is perhaps the easiest installation procedure that HP offers for a budget range printer. You will love the experience of printing with this compact HP 2655. Its wireless range is also modest with a strong signal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What do I do if my printer is not displayed in the options?
If the printer is not available on the network, then the printer software won’t detect it. Please connect your printer to the same network as your computer.
Q. How do I configure the printer if my network’s password changes?
There are several instances when we need to change the primary password of the router. Under such circumstances, please follow the procedure below:
- Restart the printer and let it startup.
- The printer will display a pale light if it is sleeping. Ensure that the printer’s light is bright. It indicates that the printer is active. To do that, press the power button to wake the printer up.
- Click on Wireless from the control panel and the Information/button together.
- The printer will print a network configuration page.
- Look for the IP address from the new window.
- If the page doesn’t display any IP address, then the printer and the computer are not connected on the same network. Please follow the next FAQ question to configure the network.
How do I set up the network for the printer?
Please follow the steps below to configure the printer on the same network as the computer:
- Sign in to the router configuration page. Find the printer’s IP address from the devices list.
- Press and hold the printer’s Wireless button until the LED starts blinking. Then, press the WPS button on your router. Now, wait for the blinking to stop. It will now give a solid and consistent light.
- Print a network configuration page again.
- Now switch on the WiFi direct option by pressing the printer’s Wireless button and Resume button simultaneously.
- Now, open the list of available networks on your computer and then connect the PC to HP-Print-xx-[your printer model name]. Once done, the printer should be connected to your network.
- The IP Address of the printer will now be 192.168.223.1. Type this address in the browser.
- Click on the Network tab, then select Wireless (802.11) and then click on Network Address (IPv4).
- Click on Manual Properties and then click on Suggest a Manual IP Address.
- Now type in the IP address and other addresses, then click on Apply.
- Restart the printer. Your printer is now configured and connected to the network.
This concludes the installation of an HP 2655 printer on your computer. If you face any issue with the printer, then you can install the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility to troubleshoot and fix the problems.