123.hp.com/dj2540 – HP Deskjet 2540 Printer setup
The Deskjet 2540 makes it incredibly easy to print from anywhere. Besides having a standard USB connection the printer features Wi-Fi compatibility, allowing you to print from anywhere possibly on your wireless network. Save your resources and conserve space by switching your home to 1 central printer you can access from any computer anywhere in the house. In addition to that, Wireless Direct printing lets you print wirelessly even if you don’t have a wireless router with you. Moreover, In addition to Wi-Fi connectivity, the printer is compatible with AirPrint. Print wirelessly from any Apple computer or from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch even without installing any drivers.
Firstly set up your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network. These steps apply to first-time connections of the HP Deskjet 2540 Printer, new router or ISP setup, or even to restore a lost connection.
- Preparing the installation of the printer driver
- Start the software installation
- Restore the default wireless settings on the printer
- Continue the software installation
Installing HP DeskJet 2540 Printer – 123.hp.com/dj2540
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Check the requirements, turn the computer on and the router, and set up the printer.
- To use your printer on a wireless network, you need these following items:
- A computer connected to the same wireless network as the printer.
- Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access for the software downloads that are following, using Web Services, and also getting printer updates.
- Make sure both the router and the computer are turned on.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to the same wireless network that the printer is connected to.
- Set up the printer, load paper into the input tray, and then install the toner cartridges. For any more information about setting up the printer, go to First Time Printer Setup.
- Turn the printer on and place it within the range of the router during the setup procedure.
Step 2: Start the software installation
On your computer, start both the HP full feature print driver and software installation.
- Please go to 123.hp.com/DJ2540 and click Download. The installation process starts automatically after the software downloads.
During the installation, a connection window opens. STOP right at the Connect window! Do not click Continue at this point of installation.
Step 3: Restore the default wireless settings on the printer
Reset the wireless settings just to make sure the connection completes successfully.
- Make sure that the printer is on.
- If the wireless light is still blinking, skip on to the next step to continue installing the software.
- Press and hold the Power button on the printer for a few seconds.
- While still holding down the power button, press the Start Copy Black button 2 times, and then press the Cancel button 3 times.
- Then release the power button. The wireless light next to the wireless button will blink. Repeat these same steps if the wireless light does not blink.
- Continue to the next step then to install the software. You have got approximately 20 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.
Step 4: Continue the software installation
Install the software to finish setting up your HP printer and then connect it to your wireless network.
- On the HP installation Connect window, please click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until a Connection Options window opens.
- Then on the Connection Options screen, select Wireless – make a wireless connection to the printer, and then click Next.
One of the following screens will be displayed with the best method to complete the wireless setup.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
Please Click Yes, then click Next.
- Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection:-
Connect a USB cable right from your computer to the printer and click Next. A prompt window displays to disconnect the USB cable after the setup completes.
- If the installer does not find your printer somehow, go to Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) for any detailed troubleshooting steps.
- Continue following the on-screen instructions later.
HP’s Deskjet 2540 is the idealistic printer for those on a budget, or whose needs aren’t always very exacting. It offers wireless networking and mobile printing, both of which are features not usually found in a printer in that price range. But unsurprisingly given the price, it can almost match its a bit more expensive stablemates for quality or feature range.